[Asterisk-Dev] FYI: RPM

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Apr 2 20:48:49 MST 2005

--On Saturday, April 02, 2005 9:19 PM +0300 Tzafrir Cohen
<tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:

> However if you want Asterisk to run with real-time priority, you have to
> run Asterisk itself as root and let it setuid by itself.

I'm using Greg's initscript, which just passes the desired user to the
asterisk binary.

> Also, do you plan to move /etc/asterisk and /var/lib/asterisk/outgoing
> into that isolation? Asterisk reads those files at run-time.

I set them to be owned by the asterisk users, along with /var/log/asterisk,
/var/spool/asterisk, and the new /var/run/asterisk (because the binary
creates the socket and PID file after it setuid's).