[Asterisk-Dev] status of new jitterbuffer?

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Sat Apr 2 13:02:57 MST 2005

On Apr 2, 2005, at 10:05 AM, Rich Adamson wrote:

> Just curious where we stand with testing the new jitterbuffer.
>
> I've upgraded to today's cvs-head and read over the README.jitterbuffer
> doc.
>
> Is it fairly close to production ready (on iax2) now?

For most "normal" use cases, it should work very well.  There's a
couple of unusual cases it doesn't handle well that I know about, and
will be addressed soon (just testing these patches).  One is in mantis
already (handling timestamp sequence discontinuities), another is
handling non-regular frame durations (i.e. 20ms, 40ms, 20ms, 40ms,...).

Zoa also has seen some issues, and his team is looking at those.

-SteveK