[Asterisk-Dev] SRPMs for Fedora Extras

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Sat Apr 2 06:55:12 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-02 at 13:56 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 23:39 -0600, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
> >
> > I've put together some SRPMs for Asterisk that I hope to get imported
> > into Fedora Extras.  I'd appreciate any feedback on the packaging that
> > you have.  The SRPMS can be found at <http://www.ocjtech.us/asterisk/>.
>
> 403.

Doh! Serves me right for not testing first.

> I'd like to see Asterisk in Extras.

Yay!

> Also capi4k-utils, chan_capi, and

Yep.

> spandsp.

There might be a problem with patents.  See
<http://www.ocjtech.us/asterisk/spandsp/DueDiligence>.  That said, I do
have a package for SpanDSP but it's not linked into my Asterisk packages
(due to the patent issues).

> I should finish beating chan_bluetooth into shape and that can
> be packaged too; I do at least have it doing duplex audio fairly sanely
> now.

Yep.

> I'd like to see mISDN packaged but that wants to go into Linus' kernel
> and hence into the standard kernel RPM -- and before that can happen, it
> needs to stop being quite so broken.
>
> The zaptel kernel parts want feeding to Linus too, assuming they're in a
> good enough state for that -- I haven't looked at them at all yet.

I agree that having kernel drivers in the stock kernels is a good thing.
The main question is would Digium support that.

> If possible, we need to lose the dependency which chan_iax2 has on the
> zap driver. If it's only used for timing, we should investigate the
> POSIX timer functionality which is available with newer kernel/glibc.

Agreed.

Jeff