[Asterisk-Dev] Technical and hardware specifications

el Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Wed Sep 29 17:41:03 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right list to post to, but since the
questions are not really in the "user" space i thought the Dev list
might be the best place to post it. I apologize in advance if i'm wrong.

I'm writing to the list as soft of a last resort, as I haven't been able
to get any response from digium about this matter.

In order for me to use or sell an * solution using the Digium cards in
my country, I need to get them type approved. I could do so illegally,
but that would incur a humongous fine and/or a 6-year jail term. So I'd
really like to do this the right way and get the card(s) type approved.

In order to do this, the licensing board has prepared an exhaustive
checklist regarding the specs of the card in question. This list runs
for 13 pages, and asks detailed Yes/No electrical and electronic
questions like:

a) Can the equipment work with an AC supply of 240 volts, +5%, -10% at
50 Hz?

b) Dial Characteristics: Is the nominal pulse width as follows: Break
pulse: 66.7ms? Make pulse: 33.3ms? (with a tolerance of not worse that
+/- 2.5ms)

c) Resistance and impedance: Is the on-hook resistance greater than 5
M-Ohms, DC voltage up to 56 volts excluding ringer circuit?

d) Are the High Group nominal frequencies as follows: 1209Hz, 1336Hz,
1477Hz?

And the list goes on and on and on.. All these questions are way over my
head, and I don't have at my disposal special test equipment to
determine the answers to these questions.

So would any of you, who've had to get the card type approved in your
respective countries, have these type of specs available to help me out?
I haven't been able to get any response from Digium, I think their guys
might have been a little busy with the Astricon stuff.

Thanks in advance.
Flynn

p/s I know these questions sound like they're trying to get at Digium's
"trade secrets", but heck I didn't prepare them. If anyone wants the two
documents I've got PDF copies, you can contact me off-list and I can
mail it.