[Asterisk-Dev] bluetooth audio driver interaction

Brad Midgley bmidgley at xmission.com
Wed Sep 29 09:32:12 MST 2004

Hi

I am working with a group doing a bluetooth audio driver on linux.
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/bluetooth-alsa/)

We're currently trying to decide how to tell an audio client (such as
asterisk) that the bluetooth headset is connecting to the host or allow
the audio client to notify the driver that it needs to bring up the
headset connection (such as for an incoming call).

We currently use a daemon ("btsco") that sees connection events and will
eventually initiate headset connections. Currently, the only way for an
audio client to figure out what is happening is to notice the fact that
reads and writes to the audio device will block when the headset is not
connected. That behavior may need to change.

What would be the preferred way of delivering driver events back and
forth from the asterisk point of view?

--
Brad