[Asterisk-Dev] FXO - Question

Tue Sep 28 09:34:47 MST 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:23:42 -0400, steve szmidt <steve at szmidt.org> wrote:
> I'm sure he's only confused about FXO and FXS. Since using twisted pair for
> ethernet works for 100m that would seem that safe to say.

Sure, but nobody seems to have noticed and since the mailing list
archives will serve as a source for others to read and learn, I felt
it was important to make a strong statement that would stick.

Otherwise, I might have been compelled to question the sense of
running a long cable from an FXS port. After all, you have got an IP
capable PBX. You might as well run all your stuff over your Ethernet
infrastructure.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.