[Asterisk-Dev] S100U (vs) some other brand, maybe compatible unit

Michel Belleau (malaiwah.com) michel.belleau at malaiwah.com
Tue Sep 28 06:52:40 MST 2004

Hi everyone.

I have an S100U that I purchased first (with a X100P single FXO card), when
I started testing Asterisk a few months ago. I played with it on my
demo-asterisk box but I wanted to try it out with another analog extension.
I bought another USB adapter, but not a S100U (looking at pictures, I
thought it was exactly the same, but cheaper priced).

Physically, it's really the same thing (white box with a red led on it). The
form-factor is identical. It comes from
http://www.cuphone.com/products/usb_to_rj11/index.htm.

I can't make it work on my linux box. All it does see is a "usbaudio"
device.

Here is the output of lsusb on my asterisk box:

banana:~# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 06e6:c31c Tiger Jet Network, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 06e6:831c Tiger Jet Network, Inc.
banana:~#

The real S100U is ProductID: 831c
The other one, is ProductID: c31c

I fgrepped from the zaptel CVS source code the ProductIDs:

banana:/usr/src/zaptel# fgrep c31c *
banana:/usr/src/zaptel# fgrep 831c *
wcfxsusb.c:       idProduct: 0x831c,            /* Product ID / Chip
configuration (you can't change this) */
wcusb.c:                idProduct: 0x831c,            /* Product ID / Chip
configuration (you can't change this) */
banana:/usr/src/zaptel#

Looks like it's driven by the "wcusb" or "wcfxsusb" driver.

Last time I tried modifying the source code to accept that new ProductID,
the module kept crashing.

Anyone can give me any clues on what I should do to make it work with my
asterisk box?

BTW, that second USB adapter works fine in Microsoft Windows, with the phone
application that came with it, but I really would like to use it on my
asterisk box.

Thanks a lot, any help would be greatly appreciated.

---
Michel Belleau
Services Informatiques MALAIWAH.COM [http://www.malaiwah.com/]