[Asterisk-Dev] Line off hook issue

Chris Lindemann kd5iku at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 10:22:32 MST 2004

Hey everyone. I need some advice.  We are running an asterisk pbx with both tdm400 w/fxo's and x-100p cards to interface with our analog lines. Our phone lines are broken off of a T1 through an Adtran box giving us an analog line at the 66 punchdown block.

We have noticed an issue where the line goes off the hook and does not return to on hook until the phone line is unplugged from the card and the card is unplugged from the server. If the computer is just shut off and the card is left in, even with the phone line unplugged, as soon as we plug in the line, it still pulls the line off the hook. We have to shut down, remove the card and then unplug the phone line from the card and wait 5 seconds. If we just unplug the card from the system without removing the line, it stays on hook. We are at a loss as to what to try at this point.

I have noticed that the phone line voltage will some times spike up to 100 volts, which is 10 volts out of range for the ring signal, and this is when the problem starts. Our LEC has changed out the adtran box and even moved the affected phone number to a different port on the box. This has not fixed it. It is only one line that has this issue. Any ideas? Thanks!

Chris