[Asterisk-Dev] Free G.729 ready for download

Daniel Pocock daniel at readytechnology.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 12:53:58 MST 2004

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

My initial aim with this project was to verify that the code does work
with Asterisk, and to verify that the performance is actually
appropriate, before investing any more time in doing it 'the right way'.

Based on the feedback I'm getting (and the hundreds of hits to my web
server) I suspect that there is sufficient demand for me to tidy up the
code, make the installation process easier, etc.

If anyone can suggest further patches and enhancements, I will collate
them all over the next few days and issue an enhanced release within
approximately 7 days.  Please post suggestions to the -dev list and not
to me personally, so that there can be some discussion and also to avoid
overlap.

My apologies to everyone who tripped up on the -p2, and thanks to Arkadi
for pointing this out.  I've now fixed the docs.

Regards,

Daniel