[Asterisk-Dev] Case studies for 120 simultaneous calls on IVR

Daniel Pocock daniel at readytechnology.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 04:55:49 MST 2004

Hi Régis,

My company has developed quite a few large scale projects using
Asterisk. If you need any commercial advice, or would like to co-operate
on any projects, just let me know. We are based in London and service
the whole of Europe.

You definitely need a lot of CPU power for your application. If you are
doing voice compression (for sending the signal over an IP network) or
voice recognition you are unlikely to be able to use all 120 channels
simultaneously. Even a Dual Xeon 3.2GHz would be insufficient.

However, if the interface is driven by DTMF buttons then you may well be
able to get all 120 channels live at once.

Regards,

Daniel