[Asterisk-Dev] Hardware details for the Digium TDM400P

Niklas Ögren list_ast at nod.se
Mon Sep 20 01:53:41 MST 2004

> i'd be eagerly awaiting these results. i've tested a 16MB image of
> asterisk/picobsd on a soekris net4511 (100Mhz AMD Elan SC520, 64MB RAM) and
> it handles up to 8 simultaneous SIP calls very well as long as it does not
> have to do any transcoding (ulaw on SIP and the IAX transfer). with
> transcoding (ulaw -> gsm), it fscks up on the second call onwards with both
> calls sounding very, very robotic.

I have tried Asterisk on a Soekris net4501 as well, and Asterisk itself is
not the problem. It is the Digium E100P that I put into it. It seems like
the Soekris box cannot handle the interupts, so as soon the module is
loaded, the green diod is lit, and I cannot use the channels..

Or has anybody used this hardware together? Is anything I can do to make
it work? (I used a 2.4.26 kernel)

/n