[Asterisk-Dev] Changing Asterisk's module invocation

Kevin O'Donnell kevino at jerboa.ca
Thu Sep 16 10:34:15 MST 2004

Juan Jose Comellas wrote:

>I am writing Java bindings for the Asterisk API using SWIG
>(http://www.swig.org) so that I can create Asterisk modules written in Java.

I've written a Java library that replicates the Dialogic API in Java if
you are looking for some example code that uses JNI to bridge between
C/C++ and Java code.  You may be interested in the event handling
portions that propagate events from a C call back function to a Java
class.  I didn't use SWIG - it's all done with hand crafted JNI.

See http://threebit.net/projects/jvr for the source code and examples.

Dialogic != Asterisk, but hopefully you'll find some commonality between
them that could save you time.

Cheers,
Kevin.

--