[Asterisk-Dev] Problems getting started

mirza sahib wasim at convergence.com.pk
Wed Sep 15 01:47:38 MST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Adnan Shah wrote:

> I am new to askterisk. I am having some problems getting
> started. First the configuration file errors, and some missing
> configuration files like asterisk.conf. Secondly I can't get my
> sound card initialized with asterisk. The error it shows is ...
> "...the device is busy or temporarily unavailable". Still it works
> fine when I use an Audio Player.
> I have the CVS version, and followed the instruction given on
> asterisk download site.

Adnan:

Make sure some other program doesn't have your sound card locked. Also,
please make sure you don't send these posts to asterisk-dev mailing list.
Questions like this belong on the asterisk-users mailing list. Asterisk is
a great product and you'll get used to it, it has a slight learning curve.

You can get a lot of detail from www.voip-info.org where there is an
asterisk wiki.

--
Mirza Wasim Baig | Principal Consultant | Convergence, Islamabad Pakistan
#48, St 32, Sector F-6/1, Islamabad, Pakistan 44000 | US: +1(800)460-1446
Voice/Fax: +92(51)282-0628/282-0621/282-1479 & (300)850-8070

This mail is confidential & intended solely for the use of the addressee.