[Asterisk-Dev] SIP Parking using 183 Session Progress

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Tue Sep 14 11:46:27 MST 2004

Doubtless I'm not the first one to come across this problem but when I'm
using a blind-transfer only SIP phone like the GrandStream and I try to do
call parking, I don't get to hear what parking slot the call will be going
to. This is because upon successfully parking the call, * sends OK and then
an INVITE for the media stream.. But since the GrandStream only supports
blind transfer, after receiving the OK, it immediately sends a BYE and tears
down the call...

Why couldn't we instead do a 100 TRYING followed by a 183 SESSION PROGRESS
and have the parking digits sent during the 183? If I understand from the
RFC specs this is legal to do.

    -Chris

Chris Shaw
IS Manager