[Asterisk-Dev] E1 clicking noise

Storer, Darren stardev at comgate.tv
Wed Sep 8 04:46:48 MST 2004

Hi Shaul,

SG> We have a problem when we call a phone on the E1 from SIP, using  the
Dial application:  Dial(Zap/g1/209,20)
SG> On the E1 phone we hear a disturbing clicking noise - a few each
second -  during the call (on the Sip phone we
SG> hear OK).

Looking through your config files I begin to wonder what you are connecting
your Asterisk system to via the E1...? Is it a Telco (PRI/ISDN) line from
BT/another carrier or some other piece of hardware? The reason I ask is that
you are taking timing from the network (span=1,1...) but you are using net
signalling not cpe (pri_net not pri_cpe). Whilst this is an unusual
combination it can be legitimate in certain circumstances.

The next point of investigation for your audio clicking problem is to check
that you do not have any interrupt clashes. Take a look in /proc/interrupts
and see if the device "t1xxp" has its own IRQ and is not sharing with
something else in your system (LAN/VGA etc.).

HTH

Darren
--
Comgate
Telco>Internet<Broadcast
  We have a Digium E100P card. We use Asterisk.
  When we call a SIP phone from the E1, the call is heard perfectly on both
sides.
  We have a problem when we call a phone on the E1 from SIP, using  the Dial
application:  Dial(Zap/g1/209,20)
  On the E1 phone we hear a disturbing clicking noise - a few each second -
during the call (on the Sip phone we hear OK).

  Our configuration files are as follows:
  Zaptel.conf
  span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
  bchan=1-15
  dchan=16
  bchan=17-31
  loadzone=uk
  defaultzone=uk

  Zapata.conf

  [channels]
  switchtype=euroisdn
  signalling=pri_net
  pridialplan=unknown
  immediate=yes
  callerid=asreceived
  context=incoming
  group=1
  adsi=no
  echocancel=yes
  channel => 1-15,17-31

       Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

          Thanks,

           Shaul