[Asterisk-Dev] Sound Problem

Helmut Adams head at ipcon.de
Tue Sep 7 04:47:36 MST 2004

Am Dienstag, 7. September 2004 12:58 schrieb Steve Szmidt:
> On Friday 03 September 2004 08:14 am, Helmut Adams wrote:
> > I need a hint, how to debug this to find the source of the Problem:
> >
> > Grandstream/SIP/ULAW <-NAT-> Asterisk <-IAX2/GSM-> Asterisk <- ISDN/CAPI
> > -> POTS
> >
> > A Call from Grandstream to POTS leads to: POTS can speak to Grandstream,
> > but can't hear Grandstream.
> >
> > Calling from POTS to Grandstream works well.
> >
> > Also it works well in both Calling-Directions, if i replace Grandstream
> > with XTEN-Lite...
> >
> > Every other Call-Combination works well, too...
> >
> > Strange, that.
> >
> > So if anybody has a hint, how to debug this, its welcome. ( Sorry, i
> > really dont know, where to start debugging... )
>
> Have you tried upgrading to latest firmware?

1.0.5.3, 1.0.5.8 and 1.0.5.11. Doesn't matter. But i got a Tip to first let
Asterisk answer the call. Seems to work:-) Thanks a lot!

Next thing is, i will try to implement something like german "Rückfrage" to
toggle between calls. The very basic Idea is to park the first call, execute
a second call and by pressing (maybe) * to exchange the parked call with the
active channel. And on Hangup connect the both calls. Would be great for the
Germans:-)))

Anybody tried something like this before?

P.S. I have to do it with asterisk, because i want to use Zyxels 2000W, which
are not planned to support more than one call.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Regards

Helmut Adams
Ipcon Informationssysteme oHG