[Asterisk-Dev] mpg123 - multiple instances, overloading CPUs

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Fri Sep 3 07:49:28 MST 2004

(posted to asterisk-users but is probably more of a dev issue)

Is there any reason why there should ever be more than 1 instance of mpg123
running on a * server?

I just did an 'uptime' and noticed all 3 of my loads where over 3.00.

'top' now shows 13 mpg123 processes all processing the same 3 songs (our
background music).

I tried to kill one of them but another one spawned in its place.

Any ideas? If * crashes/cores, and restarts, could this be the problem?

There is no call volume on this * server. It's just me testing.

musiconhold.conf
;
; Music on hold class definitions
;