[Asterisk-Dev] does asterisk support g.711codec

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Sep 1 11:12:33 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 12:36, Kevin Williams wrote:
> We've seen a lot of these messages on the list lately.  At the risk of
> sounding like a smart ass, could you people please take these "take it
> to -users" posts off-list?  I don't mind if you flood the inbox of the
> guy that made the mistake, but I personally know better and get tired of
> seeing these messages four, five, or more times per week.

Trouble with that is that it doesn't provide feedback to the list that
the person has been dealt with, and it doesn't provide feedback to
lurkers about the mission of this list. If one sees questions go ignored
on the list, they might think we felt it was beneath us and that we are
snobs. To tell them they are in an inappropriate forum shows that we are
willing to address the question, just not here.