[Asterisk-Dev] Does anyone have docs on the Q.931 "high layer compatibility" IE?

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Fri Oct 29 09:03:14 MST 2004

Hi,

We're interworking from Asterisk to a local, popular, PBX.

I've got a little patch or two for issues we had - which I'll put on bugs
shortly.

We've just got a very subtle issue left - digital phones on the PBX
display callerid "differently" when the calls come from Asterisk as to
when coming from the telco.

The PBX still gets the callerid and dnid fine, and presents them fine to
other ISDN interfaces - its just about the display on their proprietary
digital phones.

I think it has to do with Asterisk not including a "high layer
compatibility" IE in its call setup.  I see these coming from the telco,
but not generated by Asterisk.

Does anyone have docs on how this IE is structured and what it means (my
ISDN/SS7 book is not specific enough).

I did find a decoder in the ethereal source but somehow it doesn't seem to
quite match up to what I'm seeing come from our telco.

Thanks for advice, docs, or pointers...

Regards,
Steve