[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk and Microsoft SQL Server, etc

Jeremy Ward jward at soundtivity.com
Mon Oct 25 19:54:44 MST 2004

Greetings,

We are a wireless data carrier that is looking to implement asterisk. A
few questions, since I am bit of a novice in this:

1.	Can asterisk utilize a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 instead of
mySQL? This would allow us to use our standard enterprise database
server along with all of it's backup procedures/hardware
2.	What sort of hardware should we use? Could a ProLiant 2500 with
dual PII 300Mhz and 512MB Ram, RAID 5, etc, be sufficient and for how
many concurrent calls?
3.	Is there any way to export billing information for credit
card/invoice billing and using what methodology?

Thanks for your help!

Jeremy D. Ward
Infrastructure Architecht
Soundtivity Wireless, Inc