[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-Dev] New Channel Driver: chan_bluetooth

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Sun Oct 24 13:42:49 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 20:08, Benjamin on Asterisk Mailing Lists wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:37:28 +0100, Theo Zourzouvillys
> <theo at crazygreek.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > after a couple of days work banging my head against the wall (bloody standards
> > my arse), i've got chan_bluetooth to a point where it's starting to function
> > - certianly more than just proof of concept now.
>
> Will this need a mobile phone with bluetooth support or can you use a
> mere bluetooth headset as a client, if so how would you pick up and
> hang up or dial?

It supports both.

Regarding the headset, i have not seen how that works yet, but i would
say you would need to enter the number somewhere (maybe special prefix
on any phone + phoneno. to get the call to the headset)

For the cellphone, this is really grand stuff:
I originially was hoping for using the cellphone as a handset to the
Asterisk box, but it's quite the oposite.

Theo has basically obsoleted the expensive PSTN to GSM converters.
Asterisk connects via bluetooth to the phone and uses it as a FXO line.
Neat stuff.

I'm seeing forward to, how this work progresses, because it's really
promissing.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen