[Asterisk-Dev] Making a variable available to a dialplan

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Oct 21 10:47:51 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 11:46 -0400, David Filion wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to create a variable in an app "global" so that I can refer to
> its value in a dial plan.  What functions should I look at to do this?
> Searching the archives didn't turn anything up.

PArt of asking an effective question is to state why you are at that
problem. It may well be that you are going the wrong way about solving
the bigger problem.

Short answer to you would be to use the ast_db functions and then use
the dbget dialplan logic to get at the variable. It has the benefit of
being persistent over asterisk restarts or reboots.