[Asterisk-Dev] A crazy idea... Skype channel in Asterisk

Duane duane at e164.org
Tue Oct 19 17:28:41 MST 2004

Fernando Romo wrote:

> Digital certificates. We can use GPG/PGP Keys to verify the call part in
> each side.

But that's the problem, how do you prove someone has a phone number
without a central registry? Well unless you're planning to dial email
addresses that match the email address on the PGP keys...

Maybe you could do this with PKI certificates, and put the phone number
in the CommonName field, but it would involved a central registry of
sorts to make sure people were being honest about phone numbers...

In enterprise or the VoIP provider industry where you already trust
other servers in your network or completely trust other members and
every person you add to your network then you have no problem. However
the problem is where you try to add in any person from the internet that
wants to connect, this is where things start looking like a house of
cards waiting for someone to either send false information, or injecting
packets of false information...

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else.
	I only try to dance better than myself."