[Asterisk-Dev] A crazy idea... Skype channel in Asterisk

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Mon Oct 18 14:40:52 MST 2004

Steve Davies Wrote:

 >(c) The Skype Software and Services may be incorporated into, and may
 >incorporate, technology, software and services owned and controlled by
 >third parties. Skype emphasizes that it will only incorporate such
 >third party software for the purpose of (i) adding new or additional
 >functionality or (ii) improving the technical performance of the Skype
 >Software and Services.

Doesn't that mean that with their permission we could incorporate it
into Asterisk?

I.E. at the very least send control codes to a running copy of skype?
Hell, with a key inserter and a couple of audio cables you can surely
already make/receive calls from skype on Asterisk.    :-)

Let us all know how your communications with the Skype Team go.  I'd
probably weight the conversation in the direction of "we want to allow
people to use skype at work from their telephone" - as if we are going
to send all of our outgoing calls via skypeout!  :-)  That'd probably
help sway them a little.  :-)
--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell