[Asterisk-Dev] Remote voicemail box

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Oct 18 10:01:51 MST 2004

Christopher Jacob wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I have kicked this around the -user list and the #asterisk channel and I
> believe it to not be possible currently, so I thought I would ask about it's
> feasibility on the -dev list.
>
> It would be a useful feature if you could define a mailbox for a sip users
> to a box on another server.
>
> As an example, in my situation I want my user to connect to one server if
> they are in the office and another if they are out. In both situations I
> would like them to point to the same voicemail box.

Sorry for a late answer... Trying to catch up with the -dev list :-)

On the server where you do not want mailboxes, just forward the call
to the server where you have mailboxes. It's a dialplan configuration,
easy to set up.

However, if you want voicemail notification in SIP, we have a problem
to solve that is possible to solve, but it requires a bit of hacking.

/O