[Asterisk-Dev] Help Compiling ZapTel

Luis Czop Luis.Czop at PMS.com.ar
Mon Oct 18 06:33:36 MST 2004

Hi friend,

I have compiled Zaptel making previosly this steps on FC2:

# cd /usr/src
# ln -s     linux-2.6.5-1.358       linux
# ln -s     linux-2.6.5-1.358       linux-2.6.5
# cd linux
# cp configs/kernel-2.6.5-i686.config   .config
# make oldconfig
# make include/asm
# make include/linux/version.h
# make SUBDIRS=cripts

Then:
# cd /usr/src/zaptel
# make clean
# make install

Best regards,

Luis

-----Mensaje original-----
De: asterisk.032104 at skippingpebbles.com
[mailto:asterisk.032104 at skippingpebbles.com]
Enviado el: Sábado, 16 de Octubre de 2004 11:38 PM
Para: asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com
Asunto: [Asterisk-Dev] Help Compiling ZapTel

Initially I tried Fedora Core 2 (kernel 2.6) with Asterisk (I checked out
what I believe to be the stable branch from cvs), but I was unable to get
zaptel to compile and work properly.  According to the wiki TaoLinux
(based on Red Hat Enterprise as I understand it) has been used
successfully (2.4 kernel), but I am having fits with it. 8-(

1.  Is it normal for the asterisk compilation to have warnings?

2.  Zaptel will not compile for me.  I verified that I have kernel-source,
readline, readline-devel, openssl and openssl-devel installed:

kernel-source-2.4.21-15.TL2
readline-4.3-5
readline-devel-4.3-5
openssl-0.9.7a-33.4
openssl-devel-0.9.7a-33.4

Someone posted on the group a long time ago that if you had problems
compiling Red Hat Enterprise that one should copy the config file from
/boot/ to /usr/source/linux/.config so I copied the file as such:

cp /boot/config-2.4.21-15.TL2 /usr/src/linux-2.4/.config

I then did a make oldconfig followed by a make dep.  Zaptel still does not
compile, but the error has changed (I lost the original one_:

gcc -I/usr/src/linux-2.4/include -O6 -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -DEXPORT_SYMTAB
-I/usr/src/linux/drivers/net -Wall -I. -Wstrict-prototypes
-fomit-frame-pointer -I/usr/src/linux/drivers/net/wan -I
/usr/src/linux/include -I/usr/src/linux/include/net -DMODVERSIONS -include
/usr/src/linux-2.4/include/linux/modversions.h  -DSTANDALONE_ZAPATA -c
tor2.c
In file included from tor2.c:30:
/usr/src/linux-2.4/include/linux/kernel.h:61: invalid suffix on integer
constant
/usr/src/linux-2.4/include/linux/kernel.h:61: syntax error before numeric
constant
/

I am not wed to TaoLinux...I will happily use any distribution that will
compile Asterisk on my system (CentOS 3.3 locks up on my system at first
login.  Fedora Core 2 worked with everything, but Zaptel so I went with
this one since it is 2.4 based and someone said in the wiki that it worked
with Asterisk.)

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: