[Asterisk-Dev] Zaptel development question

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Wed Oct 13 07:44:44 MST 2004

I saw that in my code review (as well as in the card initialization) but
the problem is: that takes place in the driver its self -- in kernel
space.  The driver certainly knows what the modules are, but I can't see
an ioctl call that returns that information to the user space (where my
application would live).  I certainly don't want to go hacking about in
the Zaptel source.  I'm dangerous enough on the user side...

Does anybody else see what I am missing -- an ioctl call to the control
interface (/dev/zap/ctl) that will return card-specific information?
The generic ZT_GET_PARAMS doesn't seem to pass that bit of data back,
and I don't see any other driver calls that would return structures with
module (driver) specific data.

Anybody else have thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve