[Asterisk-Dev] more on Cisco BTS problem

Alex Zeffertt ajz at cambridgebroadband.com
Mon Oct 11 08:27:55 MST 2004

Bill,

It looks like the BT phone is doing something very uncommon, but
nonetheless correct, as this snip from rfc2327 shows:

     For applications where hierarchically encoded streams are being
     sent to a unicast address, it may be necessary to specify multiple
     transport ports.  This is done using a similar notation to that
     used for IP multicast addresses in the "c=" field:

     In such a case, the ports used depend on the transport protocol.
     For RTP, only the even ports are used for data and the
     corresponding one-higher odd port is used for RTCP.  For example:

                         m=video 49170/2 RTP/AVP 31

     would specify that ports 49170 and 49171 form one RTP/RTCP pair and
     49172 and 49173 form the second RTP/RTCP pair.  RTP/AVP is the
     transport protocol and 31 is the format (see below).

See if the attached patch fixes your problem.  If it does try opening a
bug report to get it into CVS.

Alex