[Asterisk-Dev] media stream implementation

m. smadi smadi at power.eng.mcmaster.ca
Fri Oct 8 15:23:05 MST 2004

hi;

1) i use asterisk as SIP to PSTN gatway and that my SIP devices use the
iLBC encoding:
  a- Which file reads the RTP stream from the socket?
  b- let's say we want to transcoding to GSM coding where is this done?

2) if we were going the other way around (i.e. PSTN to SIP through FXO
ports):
  a- which file read the media stream from the FXO port?
  b- which file performs the transcoding to the iLBC coding?

I am interested in calculating the energy lost when transcoding, and I
would like to log the actual payloads of the RTP stream, meaning I would
like to operate on packet per packet basis and not byte by byte: where
is the best place to do that?
thanks