[Asterisk-Dev] Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and SIP phones

Thu Oct 7 23:46:07 MST 2004

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 01:32:57 -0400, James Sharp <jsharp at psychoses.org> wrote:

> > We are only talking about the scenario where the Asterisk server is on
> > the LAN where the phones are.
>
> That's a bad arbitrary limit to place.

If you follow the thread back a little you will find that I am not
suggesting any "arbitrary limit" but instead a 90/10 implementation
strategy: Cover 90% of scenarios first with 10% of the effort and then
use that as a basis from which to expand further.

Another point was that those cases where the Asterisk server will be
on the same LAN as the phones should not require any elaborate
configuration. What I am saying is that this particular scenario is so
simple that it should be configurable with a simple "reinvite=local"
statement and nothing further.

Of course, when covering more sophisticated scenarios, the
configuration will require a little more elaboration, which is fair
enough.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.