[Asterisk-Dev] Enum and Registrar

Jens Kübler cleanerx at au.hadiko.de
Mon Oct 4 04:25:00 MST 2004

> Yes, it's a dialplan error, not an chan_sip error really.
> You need to detect that the URI returned from ENUM is local and remove
> the domain part before dialling.
>
> Also, please note that SIP uri's are user at domain, not user at server.
> When you mail me you mail user at domain, why not call that way? :-)

Well I found some processing in apps/app_enumlockup enum_lockup_exec and I'm
thinking about to extent that.
The question is how do we gain information about what remove.

Some guessings
1) give enum.conf the information which adresses we should remove
IPs, hostnames, domains ?
Seems dirty to me.

2)
1. Do a DNS SVR lookup on the @whatever part
2. If it fails, treat whatever as hostname
3. If it's an IP goto 4. else do a DNS lookup on the hostname
4. Match the IP with the list of interfaces we are listening on

Where shell we grab our domain?
The system domain might be different to the one that DNS SRV is sending us.
So we're getting back to enum.conf

Do we need to store the service und the protocol used with this domain?
Seems like the correct way but are there sideeffects I might be missing?

Jens