[Asterisk-Dev] ALSA support is braindead broken in cvs asterisk

Kirk Reiser kirk at wits-end.braille.uwo.ca
Mon Oct 4 04:10:51 MST 2004

Hello folks:  I just spent all weekend trying to get my asterisk cvs
head to work with ALSA 1.06a with frustratingly no success.  It seems
to write to the device okay but will not read from the device at all.
The only error I get is unable to read from device "whatever".  I say
whatever because at first I thought it was me being the silly one and
specifying an invalid device.  Turns out it was the silly one because
my device specifications worked with other applications.  I am also
getting unable to write frame on output and the audio is being clipped
or dumped or who knows what else but only bits and pieces of the demo
audio are being spoken on the console.  I should mention that I am
working from the console.

If anyone has any non-obscene ideas on what to try please let me
know.  I've already tried all the obscene ideas!

  Kirk

--
Well that's it then, colour me gone!