[Asterisk-Dev] Enum and Registrar

Jens Kübler cleanerx at au.hadiko.de
Sun Oct 3 16:32:27 MST 2004

Hi

I spent some time today getting familiar with the chan_sip.c because I ran
into a problem with EnumLookup.

I configured enum to return sipextension at asteriskserver. I'm registering my
clients with asterisk so they are known to the server.

If I dial a number, it will be resolved to sipextension at asteriskserver and the
Dial process starts. Unfortunately asterisk detects an loop and cancels the
call. The INVITE uses the sipextension at asteriskserver instead of the
registered contact info available for that peer thus causing asterisk to call
itself.

To solve this problem you would need to discover before or within the "DIAL"
that asterisk itself is responsible. You will need to search for the
corresponding struct sip_pvt which holds the "Contact" info and substitute
it.
I think the check for a loop is the last place to substitute the
sipextension at asterisk as a lot of information has been set up already.

Is anyone aware of this problem or am I missing something here ?

Jens