[Asterisk-Dev] asterisk application license

David Pollak dpp-asterisk at projectsinmotion.com
Fri Oct 1 15:50:34 MST 2004

Dmitry,

The GPL is very restrictive.  If your code links with GPL code, your
code my be GPLed.  Thus, if you write code that links into a running
Asterisk instance, you must GPL that code.

AGI scripts do not live in the same address space... they're not linked
to the Asterisk code, so they can be proprietary, closed, or released
under a different open source license.

Note, you should consult your Intellectual Property attorney to verify
what I've said.

Thanks,

David