[Asterisk-Dev] Call control problems from Java

jong suk Lee meowmeow64 at yahoo.co.kr
Fri Oct 1 13:09:17 MST 2004

 --- Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org> wrote:
> Zac Wolfe wrote:
>
> >Hi Miroslav,
> >
> >I'd *love* to have some help on this project but
> lets see if our goals are
> >in sync.
> >
> >My overall goal is to develop a Java-based
> VXML/CCXML engine for Asterisk.
> >Achieving this requires that I have complete call
> control from Java.
> >Optimally, we could then do away with the Asterisk
> Dialplan entirely and do
> >everything via VXML/CCXML.  The AGI interface is OK
> but for my application I
> >need fine-grained event-driven processes where we
> can track each call from
> >setup to tear-down and everything in between.
> >

> Why would it make any sense to build a huge thing
> like a VoiceXML again
> in Java, when a perfectly good free one in C++
> already exists? Reusing
> OpenVXI seems far more sane.
>
> Regards,
> Steve

I think that is beauty of open source development.
you do whatever you want to do if you think you can
contribute to. I mean some of stuff in the asterisk is
not quite making sense but yet it is usable.

If it proves to be useful and there is a demand, it
will survive and continue. If it is not, oh well.

is someone working on vxml c++ on asterisk already? is
it usable? can alteranative route(java or mono) be
done fast,usable and reliable? then why not try? As
long as we are open about suggestion, constructive
criticisim or guidance, it could turn out to be useful
for asterisk  community.

For java programmer, this route might be more sane
approach.

thanks

jong