[Asterisk-Dev] IAXtel Status

Carlos Hernandez carlosh at linuxservices.co.nz
Mon Nov 29 01:29:57 MST 2004

Yes, please.
Two days ago I posted a message in biz about real life large
implementations.
Would be nice to know how many machines are supporting 1000 simultaneous
calls.
Snippet of my message to Biz is at the bottom of this one.
Much appreciated,
Carlos

Florian Overkamp wrote:

>Hi,
>

>On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 05:57, Mark Spencer wrote:
>

>>I've got IAXTel moved over to "realtime" but it's still very overloaded
>>apparently causing long delays.  I think it's going to take some more long
>>term planning to get it really up to speed.  There are currently 6000
>>registered users, over 1000 of which are typically actually registered to
>>the iaxtel box at one time.
>>

>Now there's a nice piece of scaling info in here. Mark, can you tell us
>a little about the hardware/software configuration this machine is
>running ? We can all learn about how much one asterisk box can handle
>:-))
>
>Best regards,
>Florian
>======

"I have a potential customer who wants * for his (rather large) project,
but is enquiring about references or success stories on other large
sites....
This project is about 120 lines out to the PSTN (ISDN) and between 120
to 250 internal extensions, Zap and/or IP.
In summary, could someone please feedback to us, off list  or  back to
the list, about actual productions scenarios ...