[Asterisk-Dev] libpri ISDN features

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Nov 25 08:20:39 MST 2004

On November 25, 2004 09:30 am, Steve Underwood wrote:
> Q.921 fully specifies the link protocol.
> Q.931 fully specifies the messages, and the call states that relate to
> them.
>
> How useless is that? :-\ What they don't tell you is whether any of
> these messages, or fields within messages, will actually exist in any
> particular network. You need to look at consult ETSI, or national
> documents to find out about that.

I could not find a pdf on their site that gave me the "this is what's
travelling over the wire, this is what each structure looks like and what the
bits mean" -- only the high level hand waving.

Perhaps the lower level docs weren't available for free...  I don't know, I
found what I needed (I think) in the CAPI documentation.

-A.