[Asterisk-Dev] libpri ISDN features

Clint Guillot clint at helixsystems.com
Wed Nov 24 13:02:26 MST 2004

My application requires access to some of the ISDN features not present
in the current libpri.
I would like to start working on some of these features, but have two
questions:

Where can I find definitive information on the content of ISDN Facility
messages?  Libpri
currently implements only the callerid name message, and only incoming
as far as I can tell.
I've found a lot of info via google, but haven't come across anything
that looks to
be a definitive list of message types and formats.  I only need a few
of the features
(specifically OP:MWI/RMV:MWI and DNIS) but I figure while I've got the
hood up...

Secondly, some of the features I'd like to implement are not call
related.  MWI, for
instance, is used to turn on/off the message waiting indicator on a
remote line to which
asterisk is not necessarily connected.  Has there been any consensus as
to where something
like this belongs within asterisk?

Thanks, and enjoy the holiday,

Clint