[Asterisk-Dev] Is there a need for a DS3 channel/driver?

Mike M no-linux-support at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 18 19:26:44 MST 2004

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 04:51:51PM -0500, alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Mike M wrote:
>
> > By frames slips do you mean that channels get rotated, for example,
> > channel 0 shows up where you expect channel 2?  Sounds like a driver
> > issue.
> No, as in, interrupt didn't get serviced quickly enough - card didn't send
> data in that timeslot.

Ah.  I've heard that called underrun.  That's annoying for voice but it
could force a signaling link outage if someone were trying to put SS7
coresident with Asterisk on the same CPU.

> > Besides, until all the TNTs and similar equipment are flushed out of
> > eBay there's better alternatives.
> Yeah. :)
>
> Love my tnt.

My EBay experiences are so-so.  Got a HP37900D but all it can do is
monitor.  Couldn't  find anyone to sell software to me so it would do
simulation.
--
Michael Mueller