[Asterisk-Dev] ForkCDR issues, should I work on a fix?

Tim Mattison tim at marocon.com
Thu Nov 18 16:13:21 MST 2004

I tried to use ForkCDR today for the first time and noticed something
really bad.  What happens is the following:

1) Asterisk answers the IAX channel and plays the menu.
2) I select a menu option which calls ForkCDR and then puts me in a
MeetMe conference.
3) I exit the MeetMe conference and return to the menu from step 1.
4) I do step 2 again but this time after the successful call to ForkCDR
the MeetMe call hangs.

The enter sound to the MeetMe conference is never played, I cannot soft
hangup the channel, and Asterisk goes to 100% CPU utilization.  The only
thing that I have that I suppose is non-standard is that I'm using the
PostgreSQL CDR module.  CDRs when I'm not using ForkCDR work fine and
the MeetMe conference never hangs.

Basically I would like to know if this is a known bug (but probably not
because I couldn't find it on the bug tracker), an unknown bug, or if
I'm just using ForkCDR incorrectly.  If it's a new bug I have no problem
working on a fix.

I haven't tried it without PostgreSQL just yet but I'll be doing that
tonight and I'll report back with my findings hopefully in a few hours.

--
Tim Mattison <tim at marocon.com>
Mattison & Rosenthal Consulting Inc.