[Asterisk-Dev] Is there a need for a DS3 channel/driver?

Race Vanderdecken asterisk at vanderdecken.com
Thu Nov 18 14:17:50 MST 2004

Yes it might be crazy, but what if it worked?

Let us stipulate for the moment that it will work, given a fast server
to run it on.

	45Mbps comes in 64Mbps second goes out. That means a gigabit
interface out the back.

	Get a CPU with a load of speed and cache.

	672 voice channels in 1U.

	If it can fit in a PCI slot then the sever motherboard can
transfer the data to a program

	672 threads? Hmm, might be better with 28 threads, save on
thread swapping times.

So, it is working at time X in the future.

What is the business use for such a toy?

Race Vanderdecken