[Asterisk-Dev] zapata signalling -- depreciated?

Mon Nov 15 07:16:16 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 01:02, Steve Underwood wrote:
> Andy Powell wrote:
>
> >I suggest you examine the original message, "depreciated" IS the correct word. Why on earth would you entertain the thought that it would be deprecated, particularly since you looked up and provided the definitions yourself.
> >

> Why would you entertain the thought that it is either depreciated or
> deprecated? It is actually ignored after the first time it is set. The
> warning tries to say that, but with rather poor clarity. "Ignoring
> signalling - it is already set" or something similar might be clearer.

or how about:
"Warning: zapata.conf:<line no>: signalling => blah - Ignored on reload"

Of course, if there is no record of <line no> at this stage, then omit
it.

This is perhaps one of the things that should be discussed in the
Coding-Guidelines, ie, format/style/content of warning/error messages.

Just my 0.02c worth...

Regards,
Adam