[Asterisk-Dev] zapata signalling -- depreciated?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Nov 15 05:14:32 MST 2004

On November 14, 2004 11:36 pm, Josh Roberson wrote:
> WARNING does *NOT* mean ERROR.  This is just warning you that if you
> changed the signalling, it will not be changed on a reload.  This is
> where I implemented zap reload functionality.
>
> It's nothing to worry about, it's just ignoring the signalling the
> second go-around.

May I humbly suggest then making the warning text match what you just said?
Deprecated in configuration terms generally means "no longer used", not "not
being used this time around".  Perhaps something like "channel signalling not
changed due to reload" or something to that effect.

If I'd have seen the message about signalling being deprecated I would have
removed the signalling lines from the config file since, well they're
deprecated.  The warning text does not match what is really going on.

-A.