[Asterisk-Dev] MP1327 trunked radio channel...

Axel Schlueter spam300 at pqrs.de
Sun Nov 14 01:17:16 MST 2004

Hi,

James Sharp wrote:
> What part of the MPT system are you trying to implement with Asterisk? A
> system controller or just a site-to-site audio transport mechanism?

I'm not quite sure about the definition of a system-controller, but
I need a gateway into the trunked radio net (like an ISDN card which
provides a gateway into the telephone network), so that an asterisk
client should be able to dial into another trunked radio unit.

After some evaluation I started my implementation based on chan_oss.c,
because the radio gets connected to asterisk by an OSS soundcard anyway
(BTW, I'd *REALLY* like to use the app_rpt PCI radio interface card
which would be *PERFECT* for my needs, but I'm unable to contact an
app_rpt developer as every email I'd figured out doesn't work. If anybody
knows how to contact Jim Dixon or another developer from the app_rpt
project, I'd like to know !)

Currently I'm trying to embedd my MAP27 driver (the protocol which
controls the radio via a serial port) into my chan_oss.c spin-off.
I still need to figure out a mechanism for PTT from the client...

Axel
--
Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy and art. It has no
survival value; rather, it is one of those things that give