[Asterisk-Dev] MP1327 trunked radio channel...

Axel Schlueter spam300 at pqrs.de
Sat Nov 13 09:57:56 MST 2004

Hi,

I'd like to implement a channel to connect asterisk to a
MPT1327 analogue trunked radio. I hadn't implemented something
for asterisk before, could you give me some pointers for
documentation ? I studied the implemantion of chan_oss.c,
but I'm not quite sure if it would be better to create a
new channel or instead write a zaptel device driver. Any
hints ? And one last question: I will need a "Push to talk"
functionality. Is there any infrastructure in asterisk which
supports PTT-like operation for radios ? I don't want to use a
VOX PTT. I've seen the "key/unkey radio" control frames in
the IAX2 protocol, could these be used by an IAX client to
trigger PTT ?

TIA,
Axel
--
Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy and art. It has no
survival value; rather, it is one of those things that give