[Asterisk-Dev] Need help with coding.

Henry Devito hdevito at qwest.net
Thu Nov 11 08:38:12 MST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Henry Devito
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 8:46 AM
To: 'Asterisk Developers Mailing List'
Subject: [Asterisk-Dev] Need help with coding.

Hi

I am trying to find where to change the code to stop the transmission of
DTMF from a FXS port once the call is connected.  I have a Digium 2FXO/2FXS
card.  My customers old pbx could do this and they would like that
functionality in this system.  I'm not sure what to look at next. I tried
commenting out the AST_FRAME_DTMF lines in the res_features.c but I do not
believe this worked, unless I goofed running make and make install.

I've been looking at chan_zap.c around line 3055 the following appears

	ast_log(LOG_DEBUG, "Got event %s(%d) on channel %d (index %d)\n",
event2str(res), res, p->channel, index);
	if (res & (ZT_EVENT_PULSEDIGIT | ZT_EVENT_DTMFDIGIT)) {
		if (res & ZT_EVENT_PULSEDIGIT)
			p->pulsedial = 1;
		else
			p->pulsedial = 0;
		ast_log(LOG_DEBUG, "Pulse dial '%c'\n", res & 0xff);
		p->subs[index].f.frametype = AST_FRAME_DTMF;
		p->subs[index].f.subclass = res & 0xff;
		/* Return the captured digit */
		return &p->subs[index].f;
	}

Am I looking in the right place to stop DTMF during a call?  Or will this
break all DTMF functions on ZAP?