[Asterisk-Dev] Newbie problems

Junaid Ahmed junparty27 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 14:49:10 MST 2004

Hi,

I am new to Asterisk and i have some problems.

Firstly, whenever I try to search the The Asterisk
Mailing List on

http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-users@lists.digium.com/

I get a number of mail headers that match the search
criteria, but unfortunately when I click on the
headers to read the whole mail, I get redirected to
another mail, which is NOT the one I clicked upon.
This happens when you search a particular mail and
then click it.

Also, I have configured the Asterisk to be used on the
SIP channel between my two computers. I am now trying
to configure my Asterisk server to be used as a client
as well. It dials out properly, but when I receive
call on it, it gives a message Executing
Answer(SIP/myuser) in new stack .... but I cannot
answer the incoming call on the Asterisk server. If I
redirect it to another client, a third PC, it works
fine.

Can anybody tell me how to configure the Asterisk
server as a client and HOW CAN WE RECEIVE CALLS ON IT
,,,, thanks

Junaid