[Asterisk-Dev] Something missing in asterisk...

Thu Nov 4 20:31:18 MST 2004

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 21:03:48 -0600, Fernando Romo <pop at cofradia.org> wrote:
> Mayby this is a "Feature request", but i study the CDR of * and whe i
> try to implement a "call authorization" system, I mean, depending of the
> call type (LD, Celular Phone,etc), make asterisk to request a "auth code".

Asterisk does this already.

*CLI> show application authenticate
  -= Info about application 'Authenticate' =-

[Synopsis]:
Authenticate a user

[Description]:
  Authenticate(password[|options]): Requires a user to enter agiven
password in order to continue execution.  If the
password begins with the '/' character, it is interpreted as
a file which contains a list of valid passwords (1 per line).
an optional set of opions may be provided by concatenating any
of the following letters:
     a - Set account code to the password that is entered
     d - Interpret path as database key, not literal file
     r - Remove database key upon successful entry (valid with 'd' only)

When using a database key, the value associated with the key can be
anything.
Returns 0 if the user enters a valid password within three
tries, or -1 otherwise (or on hangup).

rgds
benjk
Tokyo, Japan.