[Asterisk-Dev] G.723.1 IPP for Asterisk ready for download

Daniel Pocock daniel at readytechnology.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 03:05:45 MST 2004

Download link:

    http://www.readytechnology.co.uk/open/g723.1

This code is new and I would appreciate any feedback on the install
process or operational problems.

Please note that it supports both 5.3 and 6.3kbps.  It will detect the
incoming bit rate automatically, and can receive both simultaneously.
It will only send at the bit rate that you specify in the file
samples/codec_g723.c

Would it be useful if the encoder could find the corresponding decoder
and adapt the send bit rate to match the receive bit rate?

As with G.729, this code is for educational use in those countries where
patents are in force.  However, if you do happen to have a license to
use this code (and I know for a fact that some people on this list work
for companies that have such licenses), or you live in a country that
has a more generous definitition of 'free', then you are welcome to
compile and execute the code.

Regards,

Daniel