[Asterisk-Dev] Looking at the * codebase, some standards need to be applied (! C99)

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Nov 3 11:54:50 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 17:40 +0000, Andrew Paprocki wrote:
> I've just started delving into * code in an attempt to see what is
> preventing it from being easily ported to other platforms.. It appears
> to me that no effort has been made to restrict the use of C99 language
> in the code. This is a major headache and block to getting this code
> to compile on any other platform using native compilers that either do
> not have C99 compatibility or it is not used for other reasons.

While my opinion doesn't matter much in the big scheme and I don't know
enough about the advantages of either version nor the specific "inline"
example, so could you explain which platforms you wish to port to. In
the long run, the platform choices are probably the only part going to
make a push one way or another in the main branch. With examples,
someone may have other alternatives for you.